Elton John almost becomes the latest dead rock star.

Robert Higgins

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
The RG OG's
Elton John recovering from 'rare and potentially deadly' infection contracted in South America

la-jrlewis-1481501628-snap-photo

Elton John contracted "a harmful and unusual" bacterial infection during his recent South American tour and, after an extended hospital stay that included two nights in intensive care, has canceled all of his shows scheduled for April and May.

"During his return flight home from Santiago, Chile, he became violently ill," his reps said Monday in a statement. "Upon returning to the UK, Elton's Doctors admitted him to hospital, where he underwent immediate treatment to remove the infection."

John was discharged on Saturday and, on doctor's orders, is resting at home. He's expected to make a full recovery.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...cels-vegas-shows-to-1493074904-htmlstory.html

enhanced-buzz-23442-1360365137-7.jpg

Stern related because:
  1. Sir Elton was a guest on THSS when it was still fun & funny
  2. Sir Elton also wears a wig.

Skipnoid

I'm smart ... Not like people say.
~Hunter Skippah~
2024 POTY
The RG OG's
Elton John recovering from 'rare and potentially deadly' infection contracted in South America

la-jrlewis-1481501628-snap-photo

Elton John contracted "a harmful and unusual" bacterial infection during his recent South American tour and, after an extended hospital stay that included two nights in intensive care, has canceled all of his shows scheduled for April and May.

"During his return flight home from Santiago, Chile, he became violently ill," his reps said Monday in a statement. "Upon returning to the UK, Elton's Doctors admitted him to hospital, where he underwent immediate treatment to remove the infection."

John was discharged on Saturday and, on doctor's orders, is resting at home. He's expected to make a full recovery.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...cels-vegas-shows-to-1493074904-htmlstory.html

enhanced-buzz-23442-1360365137-7.jpg

Stern related because:
  1. Sir Elton was a guest on THSS when it was still fun & funny
  2. Sir Elton also wears a wig.

Great thread title, LOL!

HelloKittay

The Cat your Mom warned you about.
~~Gold F*cking Member ~~
2024 POTY
Elton was in Africa,
Having meetings With Heavy Hitrers

YodaQuiversStern

1/1024 Biavian
"Totally Worth It!"
2024 POTY
I worked with someone that the same thing happened to. He was in India on business and contracted some kind of infection and became violently ill on the flight home. They wanted to stop and take him to a hospital somewhere like Germany and he refused, wanting to make it back to the US for medical care. It almost killed him. He said that in hindsight, he should have gone to the German hospital.

ScottBaiosPenis

THE THREAD KEEPER
2024 POTY
Older rock stars are dropping like flies. I heard Funeral for a Friend yesterday on the radio.
fucking great sonog, dont hear it much bc of the length and the synth part sounds kinda
cheesy and dated now ..but the bass part on "love lies bleeding" is rockin

Back