Sadly, not even worthy of a Depreciation thread..

monique

If I were kind and adoring How would that be?
The Management
Most Benevolent Dictator
2024 POTY
From learning lines to serving the long line! The Cosby Show star Geoffrey Owens is spotted working as a cashier at Trader Joe's in New Jersey
  • Geoffrey Owens, 57, played Elvin Tibideaux in the show between 1985 and 1992
  • A shopper spotted Owens behind a till at the store in Clifton, New Jersey
  • After The Cosby Show, Owens went on to appear in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and That's So Raven
  • Owens most recently starred in an episode of Lucifer in 2017
By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 18:11 EDT, 30 August 2018 | UPDATED: 07:34 EDT, 31 August 2018

The actor who played Elvin in The Cosby Show is now working as a cashier at Trader Joe's, photos reveal.

A shopper spotted Geoffrey Owens, 57, behind a till at the store in Clifton, New Jersey, where staff earn around $11 an hour.

Wearing an ID badge bearing his name, the former star wore a Trader Joe's t-shirt with stain marks on the front as he weighed a bag of potatoes.

Karma Lawrence, 50, was grocery shopping with her wife, security manager Yanelle, 40, when she saw Owens at around 7.30pm on Saturday and snapped some photos.

4F8AD64A00000578-0-image-a-1_1535665158949.jpg

+6
Geoffrey Owens, 57, is pictured behind a till at the store in Clifton, New Jersey, where staff earn around $11 an hour

4F8AD76100000578-0-image-m-13_1535666246545.jpg

+6
4F8AE34000000578-6116357-He_is_pictured_here_during_his_time_on_the_show-a-4_1535669501948.jpg

+6

The former star wore a Trader Joe's t-shirt with stain marks on the front as he weighed a bag of potatoes. He is pictured left on Saturday and right during his time on the show

The medical secretary, from Clifton, said: 'I was just in Trader Joe's and I said to my wife, I said, "Wait a minute, that's the guy from The Cosby Show."

'She looked at him and said, "It looks like him. He's a little heavier."

'I pulled up a site on the internet to look at a picture of him and said, "That is him."

'I have never seen him at Trader Joe's before. I was getting a bunch of groceries and he wasn't really looking at anybody, but he said, "Have a nice day."

Owens played Elvin Tibideaux, the husband of Sondra Huxtable, on the final five seasons of NBC sitcom The Cosby Show, between 1985 and 1992.

The show's main character, Cliff Huxtable, was played by disgraced actor Bill Cosby, who is a convicted sex offender after being accused of abuse by over 60 women.

4F8AE35000000578-0-image-a-3_1535665872553.jpg

+6
Owens played Elvin Tibideaux on the final five seasons of NBC sitcom The Cosby Show, between 1985 and 1992. He is seen here with disgraced actor Bill Cosby in an episode which aired in 1988

4F8AE42D00000578-6116357-_I_would_have_thought_after_The_Cosby_Show_he_would_maybe_me_doi-a-1_1535714623042.jpg

+6
'I would have thought after The Cosby Show he would maybe me doing something different,' said Karma Lawrence, 50, who saw Owens (right) working in Trader Joe's

Owens went on to appear in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and That's So Raven and most recently starred in an episode of Lucifer in 2017.

Lawrence added: 'I used to watch The Cosby Show all the time; it was my favorite show. It was definitely him.

'I would have thought after The Cosby Show he would maybe be doing something different.

'It was a shock to see him working there and looking the way he did.

'It made me feel really bad. I was like, "Wow, all those years of doing the show and you ended up as a cashier."

'Other fans would be surprised for sure as well.'

4F8AD7EC00000578-0-image-a-7_1535665900611.jpg

+6
Karma Lawrence (right) was grocery shopping with her wife, security manager Yanelle, 40, (keft) when she saw Owens

Trevose

Poster Of The Month Club Member
2024 POTY
That is sad . He’s works non Union in retail. And wears dirty shirts. Sad . He was a weird character. What was he a son in law. I hated the Cosby show

Fillmore/Hydrox

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
That part of show business is fascinating to me. The idea that you could be extraordinarily famous because of one show, yet still not be able live a lavish lifestyle.

He did 44 episodes according to IMDB, and was not a regular cast member, so he probably only made about 15k an episode at most. I'm probably overshooting it, too. A lot of money in total but over 5 years? That's only 110k a year. Not retirement type money. And since the Cosby bullshit, that show isn't syndicating anywhere, so he's not even getting royalty checks anymore.

Dudley

What do you do for a living?
2024 POTY
gary: "what do you do for a living"
Elvin: "I'm a cashier at Trader Joe's, and I really need a few untuckit's from the glom bin".

Reactions: ARM

Scarlet Red

GUNK PIMP
2024 POTY
From learning lines to serving the long line! The Cosby Show star Geoffrey Owens is spotted working as a cashier at Trader Joe's in New Jersey
  • Geoffrey Owens, 57, played Elvin Tibideaux in the show between 1985 and 1992
  • A shopper spotted Owens behind a till at the store in Clifton, New Jersey
  • After The Cosby Show, Owens went on to appear in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and That's So Raven
  • Owens most recently starred in an episode of Lucifer in 2017
By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 18:11 EDT, 30 August 2018 | UPDATED: 07:34 EDT, 31 August 2018

The actor who played Elvin in The Cosby Show is now working as a cashier at Trader Joe's, photos reveal.

A shopper spotted Geoffrey Owens, 57, behind a till at the store in Clifton, New Jersey, where staff earn around $11 an hour.

Wearing an ID badge bearing his name, the former star wore a Trader Joe's t-shirt with stain marks on the front as he weighed a bag of potatoes.

Karma Lawrence, 50, was grocery shopping with her wife, security manager Yanelle, 40, when she saw Owens at around 7.30pm on Saturday and snapped some photos.

4F8AD64A00000578-0-image-a-1_1535665158949.jpg

+6
Geoffrey Owens, 57, is pictured behind a till at the store in Clifton, New Jersey, where staff earn around $11 an hour

4F8AD76100000578-0-image-m-13_1535666246545.jpg

+6
4F8AE34000000578-6116357-He_is_pictured_here_during_his_time_on_the_show-a-4_1535669501948.jpg

+6

The former star wore a Trader Joe's t-shirt with stain marks on the front as he weighed a bag of potatoes. He is pictured left on Saturday and right during his time on the show

The medical secretary, from Clifton, said: 'I was just in Trader Joe's and I said to my wife, I said, "Wait a minute, that's the guy from The Cosby Show."

'She looked at him and said, "It looks like him. He's a little heavier."

'I pulled up a site on the internet to look at a picture of him and said, "That is him."

'I have never seen him at Trader Joe's before. I was getting a bunch of groceries and he wasn't really looking at anybody, but he said, "Have a nice day."

Owens played Elvin Tibideaux, the husband of Sondra Huxtable, on the final five seasons of NBC sitcom The Cosby Show, between 1985 and 1992.

The show's main character, Cliff Huxtable, was played by disgraced actor Bill Cosby, who is a convicted sex offender after being accused of abuse by over 60 women.

4F8AE35000000578-0-image-a-3_1535665872553.jpg

+6
Owens played Elvin Tibideaux on the final five seasons of NBC sitcom The Cosby Show, between 1985 and 1992. He is seen here with disgraced actor Bill Cosby in an episode which aired in 1988

4F8AE42D00000578-6116357-_I_would_have_thought_after_The_Cosby_Show_he_would_maybe_me_doi-a-1_1535714623042.jpg

+6
'I would have thought after The Cosby Show he would maybe me doing something different,' said Karma Lawrence, 50, who saw Owens (right) working in Trader Joe's

Owens went on to appear in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and That's So Raven and most recently starred in an episode of Lucifer in 2017.

Lawrence added: 'I used to watch The Cosby Show all the time; it was my favorite show. It was definitely him.

'I would have thought after The Cosby Show he would maybe be doing something different.

'It was a shock to see him working there and looking the way he did.

'It made me feel really bad. I was like, "Wow, all those years of doing the show and you ended up as a cashier."

'Other fans would be surprised for sure as well.'

4F8AD7EC00000578-0-image-a-7_1535665900611.jpg

+6
Karma Lawrence (right) was grocery shopping with her wife, security manager Yanelle, 40, (keft) when she saw Owens
Whoa! Honestly by name idk who he is but when u posted a younger pic of him I was surprised wow

MostlyJoking

peace
2024 POTY
Being a cashier isn’t so bad.
:razzie:
Snobs
Taking his pic and posting it to the net was a dick move.

Agree. People who know him chimed in that he was just in an HBO series called "Divorce" and teaches a Shakespeare class at university...why fault a guy for taking a side gig for the benefits? Fuck Faux News and the people who shit on "Hollywood elites" while mocking this guy.

LilBuddy67

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
~~Resident Blemish~~
2024 POTY
I suppose if he sucked dicks on video and had a grotesque giant ass and contributed nothing to society but jokes, 'Murica would embrace him.

Reactions: ARM

monique

If I were kind and adoring How would that be?
The Management
Most Benevolent Dictator
2024 POTY
it was a total dick move on the part of A-the people who took the picture, and submitted it to Daily Mail, and B-Daily Mail for printing it.
I was telling the story the other day about how a guy who was in a popular 70's sitcom was seating people at a jewish deli in Beverly Hills for a living, at like 75 because he still needed the money to survive, it was super sad, and heartbreaking to see (about 15 years ago)
Acting is a fleeting profession....

talent

What do you do for a living?
2024 POTY
it was a total dick move on the part of A-the people who took the picture, and submitted it to Daily Mail, and B-Daily Mail for printing it.
I was telling the story the other day about how a guy who was in a popular 70's sitcom was seating people at a jewish deli in Beverly Hills for a living, at like 75 because he still needed the money to survive, it was super sad, and heartbreaking to see (about 15 years ago)
Acting is a fleeting profession....

The entertainment industry in general can be brutal.

2fqip0.jpg
stutteringjohnpodcast2016.jpg

Cookie

Has the job of a 14 year old
BLUE CHECK MARK
2024 POTY
The RG OG's
I've done it.
And happy I'm not doing it now. I worked at fucking Walmart, you bitch.
For two weeks....and then I quit for my elitist government job. And now I'm better than you.
Stuck up bitch

Back