Why am I offended by the "My Pillow" guy and his big ass cross?

ScottBaiosPenis

THE THREAD KEEPER
Drunks and addicts using “Higher Power” Slip And backslide with regularity......Too me it’s the desire to break free and better yourself, Using faith as a staff to lean on when you are unsteady.....But you still have to stand on your own two feet to accomplish the task..........No?
i know some people who do it with some kind of higher power and some without. its not about will power because after the first detox you really dont ever want to do it again. getting stoned isnt worth even 5 minutes of the hell from detox but that doesnt matter,i would detox for 4 hellish days then immediately go out and get stoned again and my whole body and mind was screaming to stop but it was like being compelled by an outside force. idk how to describe it except i was doing it against my own will.if you can control it with willpower then you can use once and stop,but thats not how it works,once you take the first fix or drink, you cant stop until you're out of money,passed out or dead.

i tried everything out there to stop and nothing worked a conselor at the rehab told me to pray to a higher power i said what if i dont believe in anything he said pretend like you do , i was planning to kill myself anyway so i said wtf ill give it a shot. i prayed with all earnestness within my ability but i had 0% belief it would do anything. well the next day the compulsion to use was completely gone, i felt totally fine like i had never used before. now so long as i was going to meetings, helping others, working the steps and doing religion i felt fucking great for a few years. then i got cocky, i started thinking maybe i had just made it up and G-d really had nothing to do with it and i was doing it on my own and if i could do that then i should be able to do one fix and stop, right? well i tried that and ended up full blown back in addiction.

i cant explain it, anyone who can quit on their own good for them,i admire that but for me and most ppl i know it doesnt work that way. all i can say is my own experience and the meticulousness with which the addiction was removed was enough for me to believe there is a force out there more powerful that helped me.

Snotty

BEHOLD....I AM THE UNOFFENDABLE!!!
i know some people who do it with some kind of higher power and some without. its not about will power because after the first detox you really dont ever want to do it again. getting stoned isnt worth even 5 minutes of the hell from detox but that doesnt matter,i would detox for 4 hellish days then immediately go out and get stoned again and my whole body and mind was screaming to stop but it was like being compelled by an outside force. idk how to describe it except i was doing it against my own will.if you can control it with willpower then you can use once and stop,but thats not how it works,once you take the first fix or drink, you cant stop until you're out of money,passed out or dead.

i tried everything out there to stop and nothing worked a conselor at the rehab told me to pray to a higher power i said what if i dont believe in anything he said pretend like you do , i was planning to kill myself anyway so i said wtf ill give it a shot. i prayed with all earnestness within my ability but i had 0% belief it would do anything. well the next day the compulsion to use was completely gone, i felt totally fine like i had never used before. now so long as i was going to meetings, helping others, working the steps and doing religion i felt fucking great for a few years. then i got cocky, i started thinking maybe i had just made it up and G-d really had nothing to do with it and i was doing it on my own and if i could do that then i should be able to do one fix and stop, right? well i tried that and ended up full blown back in addiction.

i cant explain it, anyone who can quit on their own good for them,i admire that but for me and most ppl i know it doesnt work that way. all i can say is my own experience and the meticulousness with which the addiction was removed was enough for me to believe there is a force out there more powerful that helped me.
Think you missed my point........No problem.........I just want you to be happy with yourself,
Nothing more........

LindyV

Marble Hoarder
So, as it is, I think that fucking pillow sucks, I slept at my moms one time and she has a few, and they are legit SUCKY lumpy shit... so I'm watching this stupid commercial this morning, and notice dude is flaunting his religion, like weirdly, making a point that he is Christian, ergo, you unsuspecting good Christians should buy my shitty pillows.
am I wrong on this?? it's hanging out almost unnaturally so he can appeal to a certain demographic????
here is the commercial:

View attachment 28695
I think it’s just a weird zipper.

Jangles

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
You are correct Sir.

But for some people it isn't possible. My mother needs religion to make her world view whole. She would be a lost soul without Catholicism.

I don't understand it.

But it is what it is.
I have one of those.

Jangles

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!

None of it matters in the big picture. He found his way out, and it works for him. No matter, I'm happy and proud of him, a complete stranger, that he did, and I celebrate that. Not a one of us is perfect. Wanna take a tour of my HUGE glass house?

SouthernListener

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
Seeing that cross burn your skin or something?

Businesses use the "Christian" angle all the time to make people drop their guard about ripoffs, but it's hardly "flaunting" one's religion to wear a simple cross, like millions of people do and millions more used to do.