Hollyweird Good song to feature in a Movie

DeeStar

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
You're not alone my friend. The only other option besides getting old isn't what we want to happen for a long time.
I really liked The Star Is Born with him and Barbra when it came out in 76. ( but i tried watching it again a couple of years ago and i couldn't finished it. )Hated the last remake that came out a couple of years ago.
I played the hell out of this soundtrack when it came out.

I am alone in my preferences for each version of "Star is Born" but here they are in order of my like: 1)Janet Gaynor and Frederic March; 2)Streisand and Kristofferson; 3) Garland and Mason; 4) Cooper and Ga Ga. I know I'm supposed to revere the Judy Garland one, but I don't. LOL. Cooper was EXTRAORDINARY in the last remake, but Ga Ga was a complete bomb. Oh and did you know there was a movie before all these remakes that was sort of the original Star is Born? It's called "What Price Hollywood?" with Constance Bennett, a non musical version from which all the others were based on. I have it on my DVR, but haven't watched yet.

Big Sparky

My boy Sparky.
1000 posts, 999 were better!
2024 POTY
I am alone in my preferences for each version of "Star is Born" but here they are in order of my like: 1)Janet Gaynor and Frederic March; 2)Streisand and Kristofferson; 3) Garland and Mason; 4) Cooper and Ga Ga. I know I'm supposed to revere the Judy Garland one, but I don't. LOL. Cooper was EXTRAORDINARY in the last remake, but Ga Ga was a complete bomb. Oh and did you know there was a movie before all these remakes that was sort of the original Star is Born? It's called "What Price Hollywood?" with Constance Bennett, a non musical version from which all the others were based on. I have it on my DVR, but haven't watched yet.
Wow! I didn't know there was that many remakes. I only knew of the Garland, Streisand, and Cooper one. ( you're so right about Gaga )
I think this movie ( which i liked alot ) was made once or twice before it came out. But sure as hell not as many times as A Star Is Born that's for sure.

DeeStar

Who me? I’m 6’10” pal!
2024 POTY
Wow! I didn't know there was that many remakes. I only knew of the Garland, Streisand, and Cooper one. ( you're so right about Gaga )
I think this movie ( which i liked alot ) was made once or twice before it came out. But sure as hell not as many times as A Star Is Born that's for sure.

The ones you knew about are probably more than most people know. The Janet Gaynor/Frederic March is really obscure, but it's unbelievably moving to me. Warren Beatty's "Heaven Can Wait" got a lot of praise, a rarity for a remake. I've never seen it, but he had a string of really interesting films in the 70s. He's a little wooden, in that Robert Redfordish way, but their charisma I guess makes up for it.

Back