metal headbang GIF

He's missing so much

gunpowder and sky mayhem GIF by LORDS OF CHAOS

F mutt
200w.gif

FunkySeeFunkyDo

I Do Believe We're Naked
2024 POTY
Yeah its a lot more open sounding due to the lack of song structure we're used to in 99% of genres....so it can be easy to "get lost" and kind of hard to tell what you are supposed to hear, for me at least with some of the more advanced people. Its hard to actually understand what they are going for at times, especially people like John Zorn
You call phish pompous and pretentious but listen to John Zorn? :jj:

Mr Cachexic

Red Sox are the greatest franchise in sports
2024 POTY
You call phish pompous and pretentious but listen to John Zorn? :jj:
Not really, no. I went through a quick phase where i'd fall asleep to Naked City's Absinthe and liked the weird jazzy death metal they kinda touched on....we're talking 2007ish here. Spy vs Spy also is good to smoke weed to.

Ive just never forgotten him because hes so bizarre in so many ways

FunkySeeFunkyDo

I Do Believe We're Naked
2024 POTY
It's not even country, it's pop with a country twang
I tend to agree from a songwriting standpoint. From a consumption standpoint too, I guess. It's fucking everywhere, and there is like zero creativity.
Bro Country i often see it referred to as

Fucking horrendous
I actually prefer pop music, and not by a small margin. At least with pop music, there is an awareness that it will probably not be too groundbreaking. There is usually some decent production, and you can usually find something to pick off the bone, whether it's beats or hooky melody, or whatever. Mainstream country just has no redeeming quality to my ears.

FredJunior

HEIR TO THE KING OF MARS
2024 POTY
I tend to agree from a songwriting standpoint. From a consumption standpoint too, I guess. It's fucking everywhere, and there is like zero creativity.

I actually prefer pop music, and not by a small margin. At least with pop music, there is an awareness that it will probably not be too groundbreaking. There is usually some decent production, and you can usually find something to pick off the bone, whether it's beats or hooky melody, or whatever. Mainstream country just has no redeeming quality to my ears.
I don't even like taylor swifts old cuntry. o_O

Mr Cachexic

Red Sox are the greatest franchise in sports
2024 POTY

I think theres some great pop music under the radar

Pop music kind of a loose term as it isnt mainstream but pop as a subgenre...you know what i mean.....i guess Indie Pop is the thing its called if it isnt mainstream?

But some of my favorite bands are kind of in the pop category or at least heavily influenced by the good old pop etc

The Postal Service, Portugal. The Man, Beach House, MGMT are all in the last 10 things my history has and i would say all of them are basically just really good versions of pop

Back